- Last day: The last day of school is Thursday, June 16th. On both Wednesday, June 15th and Thursday, June 16th, school will be on a half-day session. Lunches will not be served. School will end at 12:30 p.m. on those two days. (Kindergarten a.m. session - 8:30 a.m. - 11:00 a.m., Kindergarten p.m. session - 10:00 a.m. - 12:30 p.m.)
- Classroom clean out: please remind your child to make sure he/she brings home all of their belongings on or before the last day of school. Items left behind will be held in the classroom for one week and then discarded. All classrooms are emptied and cleaned during the summer months.
- Summer movers: If your child will not be returning to Woodfern School for grades TP through Grade 4 and you have not already contacted the school office, please call now. For students leaving the school district, parents are required to come to the school to sign an official transfer card and provide the school with a forwarding address as well as the name and address of the new school your child will be attending.
- Year-end report cards: Report cards will be launched in Genesis after 3:00 p.m. on June 16, 2016.
- POS Lunch Fund: As a reminder, any money left over in your child's POS lunch fund will roll-over for use next year, whether your child is returning to Woodfern School, or moving to another school in our district.
- Lost and Found: Our lost and found is overflowing! All lost and found items are displayed in the cafeteria. Please drop by and check out our inventory! All usable items not claimed by June 17th will be donated to a local charity.
- Medication: If you have provided the school nurse with medication for your child while they are at school, please make arrangements to come to the school on or before the last day of school to pick any unused medication up. For the safety of all of our children, students may not carry medications home. Parents are asked to stop in the health office to pick up all medications and obtain new doctor forms for any medication that will be needed during the school day for the next school year. All unused/unclaimed medications will be properly discarded.
- Transportation: Please be advised that at the end of this school year Transportation will be transitioning into a new system. Accordingly, all Daycare forms on file will be deleted. If your child will be attending daycare next year and you are requesting transportation, a new Daycare form must be completed and submitted directly to the Transportation Department by July 15, 2016. Please note that students will only be transported to daycare centers within the Woodfern sending area. If there is no daycare form on file, please be advised that your child will be transported to and from their home address. There are no exceptions to this rule so please plan accordingly. The daycare form can be found on the District website under the Transportation link.
- Genesis: Please take some time over the summer months to review your Genesis profile and make sure it is up-to-date. This is a good time to review emergency contacts, telephone numbers, etc. If you have a new address, please contact the school for assistance. Please also remember that if you change your primary email address in Genesis that is used to log into the Parent Portal, you will need to advise the office so we can reconnect you!
- School Supply Lists: Supply lists have been posted on this website. Please see the link on the Woodfern home page.
- Summer Registration: Summer registrations will be held at the district Transportation office. Please call 908-431-6600, and select Option 6 to schedule an appointment.
- Woofern Office is Closed: The Woodfern School office will be closed from July 1 through to August 12, 2016. The office staff will return on August 15th. School registration will be held directly at Woodfern School after August 15 by appointment. Please call the school office to schedule an appointment if you need to register for school. For registrations during the summer months, please contact the Transportation Department at 908-431-6600, Option 6.
- Classroom Placements and Bus Information for the 2016-2017 School Year: Once again, classroom placements, as well as bus information will be posted in Genesis at the end of August. A SchoolMessenger email will be sent to your email address on file in Genesis advising you of the dates that placements and bus information will be available.
- Important Dates to Remember:
Tuesday, September 6, 2016 - First Day of School (Full Day)
Monday, September 19, 2016 - Back-To-School Night (Grades K-2) 6:00 p.m. to 7:45 p.m.
Monday, September 19, 2016 - Picture Day (yearbook, individual and class pictures by Milan Rose)
Wednesday, September 21, 2016 - B ack-To-School Night (Grades 3 & 4) 6:00 p.m. to 7:45 p.m.
Friday, September 23, 2016 - Closed (Teacher In-Service Day)
Monday, October 3, 2016 - Closed (Rosh Hashanah)
To Be Announced: New Family Welcome Night, Open House
Have a wonderful summer!